funny comment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject funny comment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here is a comment from primnodes.h.  I don't know who 'sp' is, but I
would like to meet him.

 * ----
 * NOTE: in the good old days 'opno' used to be both (or either, or
 * neither) the pg_operator oid, and/or the pg_proc oid depending
 * on the postgres module in question (parser->pg_operator,
 * executor->pg_proc, planner->both), the mood of the programmer,
 * and the phase of the moon (rumors that it was also depending on the day
 * of the week are probably false). To make things even more postgres-like
 * (i.e. a mess) some comments were referring to 'opno' using the name
 * 'opid'. Anyway, now we have two separate fields, and of course that
 * immediately removes all bugs from the code...        [ sp :-) ].
 */
typedef struct Oper
{
    NodeTag     type;

http://www.op.net/~candle              |  (610) 353-9879(w)
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 853-3000(h)
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |