Re: Results of port of Sept 18 port of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Results of port of Sept 18 port of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> At this point the Irix port is nearly complete. There are two problems
> that remain.
>
> First, the snprintf function does not process the %lld format
> correctly. Frankly, there is no reason to use it in
> src/backend/utils/adt/int8.c because there is not chance of exceeding
> the supplied buffer.  sprintf is safe in this circumstance and works
> correctly.

Are you talking about the Irix snprintf, our our ports/snprintf.c?

> Second, the SGI C++ compiler does not recognize #include <string>,
> and it fails.

Where is this?

> I still have to run a multiprocess test of the new locking code,
> and will let you know the results when I have them.
>
> Overall, PostgreSQL is looking good!

http://www.op.net/~candle              |  (610) 353-9879(w)
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  (610) 853-3000(h)
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |