Re: [HACKERS] index fix report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From t-ishii@sra.co.jp (Tatsuo Ishii)
Subject Re: [HACKERS] index fix report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 10:59 AM 98.9.4 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>This does help.  Can you check UpdateRelationRelation(), which is called
>from create_index, and which calls CatalogIndexInsert()?  Seems like the
>problem must be in that area.

The test case David showed no error on my LinuxPPC box.
maybe platform dependent.

>Looks like Tatsuo Ishii is on this already, as he has suggested some
>good fixes to heap_addheader(), which is called from
>UpdateRelationRelation().

No progress so far. I'm looking for the smallest test case which definitely
causes problems. But the behavior of the problems seem "random" on LinuxBox.
Really strange...

BTW, in catalog/pg_type.h:

#define Anum_pg_index_indisunique        8

I think this should be 9.

--
Tatsuo Ishii
t-ishii@sra.co.jp