Re: [GENERAL] C++ / pgsql Interface - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brook Milligan
Subject Re: [GENERAL] C++ / pgsql Interface
Date
List pgsql-general
   I have recently discovered the C++ interface and want to make use of it.

   2)  What --with  options will I need at compoile time to enable the C++
   Interface?  (--with-libs+DIRS, --with-includes=DIRS)

You shouldn't need any special configure options, unless the configure
script cannot find you c++ compiler (look in the configure output to
see how it responds to the c++ tests).  If it can't find a c++
compiler, use the --with-CXX=compiler option, where compiler is a path
to your c++ compiler.

To prevent compilation of the c++ interface, use the --without-CXX
option.

All this is in the INSTALL file in the root of the postgresql
distribution.

Cheers,
Brook