Still big problem with 6.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Still big problem with 6.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
When running my perftest example I still create an unaccessible index:

postgres@feivel:~/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg.mm/test$ ./perftest
I needed 14 seconds and 761468 microseconds for the insert test.
NOTICE:  CAN't OPEN INDEX 18378 - SKIP IT
I needed 28 seconds and 444260 microseconds for the selection&projection test.
NOTICE:  CAN't OPEN INDEX 18378 - SKIP IT
I needed 72 seconds and 446534 microseconds for the join test.
NOTICE:  CAN't OPEN INDEX 18378 - SKIP IT
I needed 0 seconds and 723106 microseconds for the update test.
NOTICE:  CAN't OPEN INDEX 18378 - SKIP IT
I needed 0 seconds and 104815 microseconds for the delete test.
NOTICE:  CAN't OPEN INDEX 18378 - SKIP IT
sql error Error: ERROR:  index "number1" nonexistent
 line 118.
NOTICE:  (transaction aborted): all queries ignored until end of transaction
block
postgres@feivel:~/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg.mm/test$ psql mm
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: mm

mm=> \z

Database    = mm
 +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
 |  Relation        |             Grant/Revoke Permissions               |
 +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
 | number1          |                                                    |
 | number2          |                                                    |
 | perftest1        |                                                    |
 | perftest2        |                                                    |
 +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
mm=>drop table perftest1;
DROP
mm=> drop table perftest2;
DROP
mm=> \z

Database    = mm
 +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
 |  Relation        |             Grant/Revoke Permissions               |
 +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
 | number1          |                                                    |
 +------------------+----------------------------------------------------+
mm=> drop table number1;
ERROR:  Relation number1 Does Not Exist!
mm=> drop index number1;
ERROR:  index "number1" nonexistent

As an explanation: number1 is a unique index created on perftest1. The only
way to get rid of it seems to be initdb.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes            meskes@online-club.de, meskes@debian.org
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire!    Use Debian GNU/Linux!