Re: [HACKERS] Core dump in regression tests.u - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Core dump in regression tests.u
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> (gdb) print attrNums[attOff]
> $3 = 15
> (gdb) print *hTupDesc
> $5 = {natts = 0, attrs = 0x0, constr = 0x0}
> (gdb) print fInfo
> $6 = (FuncIndexInfo *) 0x0

I believe this is the pg_proc.prosrc index.  This is the only case of a
system index/cache on a 'text' field, rather than 'name'.  'text' is
variable length, unlike the other fields.  I wonder if there is some
problem with the cache code on this type of index.  In 6.3.2, it was
there but never used, so it may have been broken all along.  This is
just a guess, though.