Re: [HACKERS] regression failures] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] regression failures]
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > I am getting a huge number of regression failures in the past few days,
> > perhaps 80% failure when run.
> >
> > It may be related to some patches installed.  Anyone else seeing it.
> > The actual checkresults don't look too bad, though.
>
>     Seen them too.
>
>     The elog() messages have one more whitespace between ERROR
>     and the message text itself. checkresults takes care about
>     that.

Ah, I see.  checkresults uses 'diff -uw', so it does not see the space
change from "ERROR:  text" to "ERROR: text", but the report of ok/failed
does sees the space.  The two space was removed by Massimo patch as part
of the the tprintf additions.

I have changed regress.sh to do a 'diff -w' rather than just a diff, so
it will properly report failure and success.  I feel better.  I was
going to research the failures today.

Do people like the removal of the extra space after the colon, so there
is only one space now?