Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Bruce,
>
> Just re-downladed cvs and compiled on Linux x86 2.0.35, gcc 2.7.2.3
> initd seems runs ok now, regression test fails on:

This is GREAT news.  I was feeling guilt about breaking the source tree.

Perhaps CVS has some problem with the size of the change I made.  Not
sure.

If someone else who is having trouble tries re-downloading the whole
tree, and it works, we can recommend this as the solution.

> oidint2 .. failed
> oidint4 .. failed
> oidname .. failed

You get these because I removed these types in the patch.  I have asked
Thomas to fix this.

> geometry .. failed
> constraints .. failed
> create_index .. failed
> sanity_check .. failed
> select .. failed
> select_into .. failed
> select_distinct .. failed
> select_distinct_on .. failed
> aggregates .. failed
> random .. failed
> portals .. failed
> misc .. failed
> btree_index .. failed
> select_views .. failed
> alter_table .. failed
> portals_p2 .. failed
> run_ruletest.sql .. ./regress.sh: sql/run_ruletest.sql.sql: No such file or directory
> diff: expected/run_ruletest.sql.out: No such file or directory
> diff: results/run_ruletest.sql.out: No such file or directory
> ok
> setup_ruletest.sql .. ./regress.sh: sql/setup_ruletest.sql.sql: No such file or directory
> diff: expected/setup_ruletest.sql.out: No such file or directory
> diff: results/setup_ruletest.sql.out: No such file or directory
> ok
> ACTUAL RESULTS OF REGRESSION TEST ARE NOW IN FILE regress.out

I get the same problems.  regress/checkresults shows the differences are
minor and expected.  The last stuff is because some stuff was renamed,
and I assume Thomas will have it working soon.