Re: [HACKERS] Rules: first fix on monday - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Keith Parks
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Rules: first fix on monday
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom, Jan,

These were my thought too.

We could add another column to "pg_rewrite" which contained the
source for the rule. This could be used by pg_dump to dump the
rule creation statement, or by the user to see what the rule
actually does.

Perhaps someone who knows how to graft in new columns could do
that now before we finalise 6.4, even if we don't use it straight
away it would serve as a marker.

I believe a dump/restore is required for 6.3 to 6.4 so we might as
well get the catalog change in sooner rather than later.

Keith.

Thomas G. Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu>