Encrypting Data Requests (& returns)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Doug Younger
Subject Encrypting Data Requests (& returns)?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
    I currently have Postgres running on one of our web servers, so all
transactions are local. I wish to move Postgres to a dedicated server and
access the data remotely from at least 4 web servers.  My dilemma is that I
want all data requests & returns to and from the Postgres server to be
encrypted for security.  Is there an easy way to do this?
  We will be using Apache & StrongHold SSL for the web transactions. We are
using the Pg perl module for all the cgi. The web servers that will be
making the requests will be in physically different locations. The systems
are all Debian 1.3 linux with the latest kernels. The dedicated server will
be using the latest version of Postgres. (currently using 6.2.1)

Please reply directly to postgres@mindspring.com

Thanks,

-Doug Younger
MindSpring E-Services Programmer
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
   -> Arthur C. Clarke