Re: [BUGS] NOTICE:AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [BUGS] NOTICE:AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > Please enter a FULL description of your problem:
> > Dropping table after aborting a transanction makes PosgresSQL unsable.
> >

> > Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
> > concise reproducible example, if at all possible:
> > [srashd]t-ishii{67} psql -e test < b
> > QUERY: drop table test;
> > WARN:Relation test Does Not Exist!
> > QUERY: create table test (i int4);
> > QUERY: create index iindex on test using btree(i);
> > QUERY: begin;
> > QUERY: insert into test values (100);
> > QUERY: select * from test;
> > ---
> > 100
> > (1 row)
> >
> > QUERY: rollback;
> > QUERY: drop table test;
> > NOTICE:AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
> > NOTICE:AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
> >
> > Note that if I do not make an index, it would be ok.
>
> Can someone comment on the cause of the above problem?  Is it a bug to
> add to the TODO list?  I have verified it still exists in the current
> sources.

The message I see in the logs for this is:

ERROR:  cannot write block 1 of iindex [test] blind
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  EndTransactionBlock and not inprogress/abort state

Vadim, sounds familiar.