DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tim J Trowbridge
Subject DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big
Date
List pgsql-sql
First, thanks for the help on sorting by birth month.
  BTW: The reason I needed to do that was because otherwise it would have
  been sorted by birth year, and a birthday list isn't very convenient
  when sorted by year.  :-)

Now I'm trying to create a view with about a dozen (or more) items in the
where clause:

create view x as select * from table where ID in ('id1','id2','id3','id3',
'id4','id5','id6','id7','id8','id9','ida','idb','idc','idd');

and the error is:
DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string is too big.

I looked in the src, and in src/backend/rewrite/RewriteDefine.c,
it mentions something about RULE_PLAN_SIZE being too small, and will
eventually have to be large objects.

Is this something that's in the works, and is there a workaround?

TIA

--
Tim J Trowbridge                         trowbrid@writeme.com
Interested in my genealogy?          http://www.execpc.com/~trowbrid