Problems with default date 'now' - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject Problems with default date 'now'
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have a table where I want the default value of a date field to be
todays date when I do insert.  I have this table definition:

CREATE TABLE testdate(
    received date DEFAULT 'now',
    info text NOT NULL
    );

The problem is that the 'now' apparently is substituted when I create
the table, not when I insert into it.  Is there another way to handle
this?  This is on Linux RedHat 5.0 with PostgreSQL 6.2.1.

Please remember to send replies to me (too), as I am not member on
this mailing-list.

Happy hacking,
--
##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
 O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>