UnixWare 7 port (patches against the June 6, 1998 snapshot). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Billy G. Allie
Subject UnixWare 7 port (patches against the June 6, 1998 snapshot).
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello All,

I am submitting the following patches to the June 6, 1998 snapshot of
PostgreSQL.  These patches implement a port of PostgreSQL to SCO UnixWare 7,
and updates the Univel port (UnixWare 2.x).  The patched files, and the reason
for the patch are:

src/backend/port/dynloader/unixware.c
src/backend/port/dynloader/unixware.h
src/include/port/unixware.h
src/makefiles/Makefile.unixware
src/template/unixware
        Created for the UNIXWARE port.

src/include/port/univel.h
        Modifed this file to work with the changes made to s_lock.[ch].

src/backend/storage/buffer/s_lock.c
src/include/storage/s_lock.h
        Moved the UNIXWARE (and Univel) tas() function from s_lock.c to
        s_lock.h.  The UnixWare compiler asm construct is treated as a
        macro and needs to be in the s_lock.h file.  I also reworked the
        tas() function to correct some errors in the code.

src/include/version.h.in
        The use of the ## operator with quoted strings in the VERSION
        macro caused problems with the UnixWare C compiler.  I removed
        the ## operators since they were not needed in this case.  The
        macro expands into a sequence of quoted strings that will be
        concatenated by any ANSI C compiler.

src/config.guess
        This script was modified to recognize SCO UnixWare 7.

src/configure
src/configure.in
        The configure script was modified to recognize SCO UnixWare 7.

--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: bill_allie@csi.com
|-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com