Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] Configuration problems in PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on Linux-ELF
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> ./configure in 6.3.1 used to propose to me a template configuration file
> (for me it was linux-elf).
>
> 6.3.2 ./configure did not. He choosed linux by default. I forced it with
> --with-template=linux-elf but in Makefile.global didn't appear
> LINUX_ELF=true.
>
> I had to enter and modify by hand Makefile in interfaces/libpq and
> libpgtcl introducing LINUX_ELF=true in order to obtain the shared
> libraries. Now PgAccess works.
>
> I still believe that is a configuration/detection problem.

Yes, I asked earlier why LINUX_ELF was not being defined, and no Linux
user offered an answer.  Solutions, folks?  When our own pgaccess guy
can't get libpgtcl to compile, we have a problem.  Do we need a patch?