shift/reduce problem with ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject shift/reduce problem with ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
gram.y says:

opt_indirection:  ...
                | '[' a_expr ']' opt_indirection
                | '[' a_expr ':' a_expr ']' opt_indirection

IMO a_expr is exactly where I have to enter C variable support. That is I
add a new case to a_expr: named cinputvariable which among others might have
the following form:

cinputvariable: /* empty */
        | ':' name ':' name

With the first name being the variable, the second being the the name of the
indicator variable. As you might expect this results in a shift/reduce
conflict since there is no way to decide whether the second name is the
indicator variable or a coloumn name.

Any idea how to solve this?

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20