Re: [QUESTIONS] ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] ODBC Driver and Install script (PLEASE READ!)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> My name is Byron Nikolaidis and I am the author of the new ODBC driver (and the install script as well) just in case
anybodydidn't know that.  I would like to make myself
> known and perhaps clear up a few things.  I work with David Hartwig at Insight.  He provided several ideas for the
driverand I did all the programming.

> If you want to contact me about the driver or install script, feel free!  Feedback is appreciated.  I would like to
makeevery effort to respond to bug fixes, enhancements,
> etc. in this new driver, since I have lived and breathed it for several months.  In case you haven't heard, this
driveris practically rewritten (all C++ code is gone) and it
> is fast!  It also can handle several knew ODBC API calls, data types (like LongVarBinary and LongVarChar, properly),
thePostgres 6.3 protocol with password authentication, and
> much more.
>
> Please, go look at our web site, which contains the self-extracting install, the source code, and the complete list
ofenhancements/highlights. The URL is:
> "http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc".  This is where you are going to find the latest binary and source updates and
anyother driver info.

> By the way, the installation script file (setup.rul) that David Hartwig sent was way out of date. The most current
scriptfile is now included in the source at our web site
> (http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc) and I will attach it here as well.
>
> Byron Nikolaidis
> email: byronn@insightdist.com

This is great.  We really needed a solid ODBC client.

One question I have is where will the primary repository be, at your
site or on postgresql.org?  We need to know because if it is at your
site, we need to get the newest version before each release.