Re: [HACKERS] NetBSD configuration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] NetBSD configuration
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>
> > It used to be that configure asked for extra include and lib directories
> > using reasonable defaults.  Now I get failures because it can't find
> > readline unless I manually add these in.  Is this supposed to be picked
> > up automatically from the template file?  The template file has SRCH_INC
> > and SRCH_LIB but it doesn't seem to be picked up by configure.
>
>     We recently switched it over to requiring you to use
> '--with-includes=' and '--with-libs'

Woh, I found a problem with readline not being found too.  The fix was
to use --with-libraries, not --with-libs.  It doesn't error out with
--with-libs (nor with --with-asdf either), but it does nothing.
--with-libraries does the trick.