Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3.1 issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3.1 issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > We have several open issues with 6.3.1, which will probably have to be
> > addressed with a mega-patch, separate patches, or a minor release.
> >
> > They are:
> >
> >         indexes not used that were used in 6.2
>
> Just fixed and CVSed.
> Introduced 1997/12/21:
> Remove some recursion in optimizer and clean up some code there.
>
> Bruce, could you check other changed places (I fixed just prune.c) ?
>
> Vadim

Sure.  That was really the only one where I really had trouble.  The
others were very clean changes.  I had already fixed one bug in my new
code in that place before the 6.3 release.

The old code had an double-exponential growth search path that was
unnessary.