Odd behavior of initdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Integration
Subject Odd behavior of initdb
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Everybody,

Today I got the snapshot (2/27).  I took it and put it on my little intel
Linux box, RH5.0.  I compiled the sucker with no problem.  I installed it
with no problem.  The output of initdb --debug is as follows:

(snip)
<description text>

> CREATED relation pg_description with OID 18791
> Commit End
Amopen: relation pg_description. attrsize 61
create attribute 0 name objoid len 4 num 1 type 26
create attribute 1 name description len -1 num 2 type 25
> Amclose: relation (null).
WARN:heap_modifytuple: repl is \ -9
> initdb: could not create template database

Does anyone know why this is?  My source is undisturbed, except that I
changed the max # of backends from 32 to 64 in the sinvaltid.h file in
include/... as directed by the FAQ.

Thanks!

Eddie
abrams@philos.umass.edu