Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Snapshot has not compiled in a couple of days - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Snapshot has not compiled in a couple of days
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
> /usr/bin/bison -y -d preproc.y
> conflicts:  5 shift/reduce
> gcc -I../include -O2 -g -Wall -DMAJOR_VERSION=1 -DMINOR_VERSION=0 -DPATCHLEVEL=0   -c
> y.tab.c -o y.tab.o
> preproc.y:289: warning: passing arg 1 of `free' discards `const' from pointer target
> type
> gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o ecpg y.tab.o pgc.o type.o ecpg.o ../lib/typename.o
>
> I removed the duplicate S_SIGNED from my source code and noticed these remaining
> messages. Can we get rid of the shift/reduce conflicts? I haven't looked at the code,
> but there is a debugging flag on yacc/bison ("-v") which will write a log file
> identifying the conflicting statements. I have some experience debugging this on the
> main parser, but need to work on docs so shouldn't do this at the moment :(

I see what I can do. Unfortunately I'm not really a bison expert either.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20