Re: [HACKERS] Current 6.3 issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom I Helbekkmo
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Current 6.3 issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 23, 1998 at 12:28:48PM +0900, t-ishii@sra.co.jp wrote:

> (2) 6.3 doesn't use -Dsunos4 anymore. However we have such codes as:
>
> #if defined(sunos4)
> #define memmove(d, s, l)        bcopy(s, d, l)
> #include <unistd.h>
> #endif
>
> this leads to compiling errors in various places. Should we use
> #if defined(sparc) && !defined(__svr4)
> instead?

The above test does not necessarily mean that the system runs SunOS 4!
It would be true on the machine I'm sending this from as well, an SS2
running NetBSD/sparc...

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"