Re: [HACKERS] new Group BY code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ronald Baljeu
Subject Re: [HACKERS] new Group BY code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I hope that GROUP BY fixed.
> Unfortunately, I can't get any errors under FreeBSD
> when using GROUP BY with aggregates. I only got core
> for something like this: select y, z from tgrp group by y, z.
> Two different funcs are used for these two cases and so
> please test new code on your platforms.
> Please test with different -S XXX to check that all works
> for both in-memory and on-disk sorts (you'll see pg_psort.xxxx
> files in last case).
>
> New code are for 6.3. This is not patch (sorry, I lost orig version
> of execnodes.h...) and has to be un-tarred in src dir.
>
> If someone hasn't 6.3 - ok, I'll post patch for 6.2.1 tomorrow.

Vadim,

I downloaded the snapshot of Feb 18 and tried it. I noticed it's much
harder indeed to reproduce the bug (as compared to 6.2.1p6), but
occasionaly the bug appeared.

After installing your code the bug disappeared completely. I also tried
a couple of group-by queries on my production database, and tried both
in-memory sorting and on-disk sorting, but everything seems ok now.

So I guess congratulations are in order.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ronald