Re: [HACKERS] Memory leaks for large objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Memory leaks for large objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Large object I/O does not persist across transactions in my case.
> But maybe there are applications which assume that it does. So
> "fixing" it might break things. How about some compile time flag
> which selects between the old behaviour and new behaviour?
> The old behaviour could be the default.
>
> (The new behaviour would simply avoid fiddling with MemoryContexts at all.)
> My current workaround is to reconnect to the database after some
> number of transactions.

Large object have been broken for quite some time.  I say remove the
memory context stuff and see what breaks.  Can't be worse than earlier
releases, and if there is a problem, it will show up for us and we can
issue a patch.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us