Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > > CREATED relation pg_description with OID 17847
> > > Commit End
> > Amopen: relation pg_description. attrsize 63
> > create attribute 0 name objoid len 4 num 1 type 26
> > create attribute 1 name description len -1 num 2 type 25
> > > Amclose: relation (null).
> > > initdb: could not create template database
> > initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
> >
> > Installing the "#define long int" gives about 40 pages of errors.

I saw this in hsearch.h:

    typedef struct element
    {
        unsigned long next;         /* secret from user      */
        long        key;
    } ELEMENT;

    typedef unsigned long BUCKET_INDEX;

I wonder is this is the problem.  Should then be ints.  It would be
great if you could read the hash value going in for mkoidname function,
and then see if the same key is being used for the lookup.  Perhaps some
elog(NOTICE) lines near the hash function would tell you this.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us