Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > CREATED relation pg_description with OID 17847
> > Commit End
> Amopen: relation pg_description. attrsize 63
> create attribute 0 name objoid len 4 num 1 type 26
> create attribute 1 name description len -1 num 2 type 25
> > Amclose: relation (null).
> > initdb: could not create template database
> initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
>
> Installing the "#define long int" gives about 40 pages of errors.
>
> > Make sure you turn on Assert checking in configure so it may give you an
> > earlier error.
>
> I have no idea of how to do set this in configure.  Configure has no
> option to do this.

Use this:

    configure --enable-cassert

> > These are very hard to debug because there is no running system to run
> > tests on, and it is all very inter-related.
>
> I can give access to my Alpha, but I have to talk to the person I am
> dealing with.  I *will not* give access to this machine with a complete
> stranger via E-Mail.

610-853-3000. That is me.

> > My lib/local1_template1.bki.source has the following two lines for this
> > function:
> >
> > insert OID = 949 ( mkoidname PGUID 11 f t f 2 f 911 "26 19" 100 0 0 100 foo bar)
> > declare index pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index on pg_attribute using btree(mkoidname(attrelid, attname) oidname_ops)
>
> Exact carbon-copy of mine.

Good.

> > That is all the ideas I have for now.  Would like to get it working.
>
> So would I.  Bruce, If you would like access to the Postgres machine,
> please feel free to give me a call tomorrow.

I am not sure how I would debug this even if I had access.  I guess I
would try the assert, and then start reviewing the long vs. int issues.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us