preprocessor bug? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject preprocessor bug?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
IMO this is a rather serious bug:

{
exec sql begin declare section;
    long i;
exec sql end declare section;
    {
        exec sql begin declare section;
                short i;
        exec sql end declare section;
    }
    some DB access into i;

The code produced by ecpg now lists i with size 2 bytes, i.e. it still
thinks i is a short.

I believe I have found a way to work around this and disregard variable
definitions as soon as they are no longer valid.

To my big surprise though I noticed that ORACLE's proc suffers from the same
bug. I hope it's okay with you that I don't care about compatibility and fix
this. :-)

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20