Re: [HACKERS] Profile of current backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Profile of current backend
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:
> Interesting.  Nothing is jumping out at me.  Looks like we could try to
> clean up heapgettup() to see if there is anything in there that can be
> speeded up.
>
> None of the calls looks like it should be inlined.  Do you see any that
> look good for inlining?

Not exactly. But to get my application running we have to do something to
speed it up. This morning I started my program on a database with 15165
records in one table and something like 100 in a second plus 2 in a third.
Then my software tries to add records to the first table and for each record
added it updates a record in the other two. This doesn't count the select
etc.

Anyway, the data isn't processed fast enough. I tried adding about 600
records which should be done (the time in which the data was send) in 5
minutes, but our system needed almost 8 minutes to insert the data. And this
doesn't cause Oracle too much trouble.

So I guess there's need for some speed-up. :-)

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20