Re: [HACKERS] Linux: linux.s / tas.s not found... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ernst.molitor@uni-bonn.de
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Linux: linux.s / tas.s not found...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dear fellow PostgreSQL fans,

>I also use linux-ELF-libc6 but I don't have a templeate for it. It
>appears the standard linux-ELF template worked and created libc6
>versions of the binaries. Why do you need a special template? If it's
>really needed we should include IMHO.

with the current source tree, a special template for linux-libc6 is
_not_ required, I stand corrected. In a previous version, without it,
libcrypt had not been linked into the postmaster on my box, which
caused some trouble. In addition, I felt that with the locale support
included in GLIBC-2.x, the USE_LOCALE should be set to yes, but
currently, this does not seem to matter too much ...

Regards,

Ernst