Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question about regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question about regression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> JDBC works
> postgres works
>
> I is happy :)
> [wasn't posted so I figure I'd post]
>
> Runs very nicely under egcs-2.91.06 FWIW...
> [about 3-5 times faster than before ... though that could be postgres
> improvements - and probably is]

You said 3-5 TIMES faster?  Than 6.2.1, or last weeks source tree?  Can
you give some figures.  I am curious.

> platform : linux  (I'm not posting kernel version! it doesn't matter!! :)
>     egcs-2.91.06    (gcc-2.8.0 with haifa scheduler + other updates)
>     glibc-2.0.5c    from RedHat-5.0 distrib - should be stable
>             [but with full crypt, locale]
>
> But : Here's output from regression tests:
> Is there anything wrong with the failed tests?  (is it known?)

I get the same regression output.  checkresults shows you the problems,
and it mostly error message words or rounding.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us