Re: libpg: large object problems - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpg: large object problems
Date
List pgsql-novice
Seth Nickell <snickell@stanford.edu> writes:
> If I only put one lo_ operation per transaction, I get back "0" for the
> fd (is this a valid fd?). I guess this is an improvement over -1 ;-) It
> seems I can do an lo_write at this point, but lo_read still doesn't let
> me read anything.

I think the lo_open() for reading needs to specify INV_READ.

An error that may or may not be hurting you is that the lo_close in
the write part should specify fd not id.  It is possible that that
mistake is making the writer transaction abort.  The lack of checks
for errors makes it difficult to tell, but you could possibly look
in the postmaster log for clues...

            regards, tom lane