Re: pltcl: Invalid return list from trigger - must have even # of elements - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pltcl: Invalid return list from trigger - must have even # of elements
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ian Harding" <ianh@tpchd.org> writes:
> I kept getting this darned error from an AFTER trigger and I don't
> know why.

A quick look at the pltcl sources shows that pltcl expects a valid
result from both BEFORE and AFTER triggers.  You did not say what
you were returning from your trigger, but I'd suggest returning "OK".

The docs do say that an AFTER trigger's result is ignored, so maybe
we should make that happen for 7.3.

            regards, tom lane