Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
Date
Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
List pgsql-general
Paul Foerster <paul.foerster@gmail.com> writes:
> we have SLES 15.5 which has glibc 2.31. Our admin told us that he's about to install the SLES 15.6 update which
containsglibc 2.38.
> I have built our PostgreSQL software from source on SLES 15.5, because we have some special requirements which the
packagescannot fulfill. So I have questions:

> 1) Do I have to build it again on 15.6?

No, I wouldn't expect that to be necessary.

> 2) Does the glibc update have any impact?

Maybe.  We don't really track glibc changes, so I can't say for sure,
but it might be advisable to reindex indexes on string columns.

            regards, tom lane