Re: pg_dump: could not find namespace with OID - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump: could not find namespace with OID
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> Somehow I created two rows for each type in the pg_opclass table, one
> correct and one with NULL entries in opcnamespace and opcowner.
> Should those fields be NOT NULL to protect against this?

They are.  But 7.3 has a bug that keeps it from enforcing NOT NULL on
certain system catalogs.  Did you make the bogus row by means of a
manual INSERT into pg_opclass?  If so, you're just seeing that bug.

If you were able to cause CREATE OPERATOR CLASS to make such a broken
entry, I'd be real interested to see how.
        regards, tom lane

PS: you'd best take another look at the RESTRICT and JOIN entries for
your operators...