Re: Is there a way to limit CPU usage per user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is there a way to limit CPU usage per user
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony Wasson <ajwasson@gmail.com> writes:
> I am also interested in being able to terminate *certain* long running
> queries. I didn't want to use statement_timeout because there are some
> queries that must run for a long time - in our case some queries that
> create summary tables. Other long running queries should be killed.

You do know that statement_timeout can be changed freely via SET,
right?  One way to attack this would be for the clients that are
issuing known long-running queries to do "SET statement_timeout"
to boost up their allowed runtime.

            regards, tom lane