Re: Shapes on the regression test for polygon - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Shapes on the regression test for polygon
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> writes:
>> Well, I think the number of tabs that makes them look best depends on
>> your tab-stop setting.  At present, I find that with 8-space tabs
>> things seem to line up pretty well, whereas with your patch, 4-space
>> tabs line up well.

> 4 space tab-stop is not the project standard?

It is for C code, but there's less agreement about non-code files
(and no enforcement mechanism like pgindent, either).  People may or
may not have their editors configured to do the right thing in non-C
files, so it seems best to avoid cases where it'd matter.  We actually
have a policy against using tabs at all in SGML files, for example.