Re: [HACKERS] Fix PID file location? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Fix PID file location?
Date
List pgsql-patches
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@surnet.cl> writes:
> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 07:40:17PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I really think we have only two choices: teach pg_ctl how to dig the
>> data directory location out of postgresql.conf,

> I don't think this is extremely hard, isn't it?

One small problem is that I think the current definition allows the data
directory to be specified relative to the original postmaster working
directory.  Of course, that's not different from "-D ." on the
postmaster command line, so possibly the answer is "if you want to use
pg_ctl, don't do that".

            regards, tom lane