Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
>> That's definitely telling you it got ENOSPC from a write in
>> $PGDATA/pg_xlog.

> Either that, or write() wrote less than expected but did not set errno.

Good point.  I wonder if he's using a filesystem that is capable of
reporting partial writes for other reasons, eg maybe it allows signals
to end writes early.  (Though if it is, it's not apparent why such
failures would only be manifesting on the pg_xlog files and not for
anything else.)

            regards, tom lane