Re: global temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: global temporary tables
Date
Re: global temporary tables  (Jim Nasby <decibel@decibel.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Pushing it into the RelFileNode has some advantages in terms of being
> able to get at the information from everywhere, but one thing that
> makes me think that's probably not a good decision is that we somtimes
> WAL-log relfilenodes.  And WAL-logging the value of the isTemp flag is
> a waste, because if we're WAL-logging, it's zero.

Yeah.  I think we also use RelFileNode as a hash tag in places, and
so adding a bool to it would be problematic for a couple of reasons:
possibly uninitialized pad bytes, and uselessly incorporating more bytes
into the hash calculation.