Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow psql multi-line column values to align - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow psql multi-line column values to align
Date
List pgsql-patches
> OK, I have applied your patch to psql and Teodor has adjusted the
> tsearch2 expected results.  I can't seem to run pgcrypto without getting
> PRNG errors, so I expect my SSL is too old.  Would you send me your
> pgcrypto/regression.diff?  Thanks.

I fixed that already.  Please see about fixing the compiler warnings you
introduced.  On a 64-bit machine there are even more, and the int vs
size_t ones are definitely portability problems.

            regards, tom lane

print.c: In function 'print_aligned_text':
print.c:408: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:428: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:479: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:588: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'format_numeric_locale' differ in signedness
print.c:589: warning: field width should have type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'size_t'
print.c: In function 'print_aligned_vertical':
print.c:690: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:714: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 4 of 'pg_wcssize' differ in signedness
print.c:823: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'format_numeric_locale' differ in signedness
print.c:827: warning: field width should have type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'size_t'
print.c: In function 'printQuery':
print.c:1753: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'mbvalidate' differ in signedness
print.c:1753: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
print.c:1764: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'mbvalidate' differ in signedness
print.c:1764: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
mbprint.c: In function 'pg_wcswidth':
mbprint.c:161: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQmblen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c:165: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQdsplen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c: In function 'pg_wcssize':
mbprint.c:194: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQmblen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c:197: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQdsplen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c: In function 'pg_wcsformat':
mbprint.c:260: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness
mbprint.c:264: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQmblen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c:267: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'PQdsplen' differ in signedness
mbprint.c:281: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness