Re: Lock inside trigger - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Re: Lock inside trigger
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm not sure that postgres will do anything special (regarding locking) on
the other table that you're updating using a trigger.

Append the phrase "FOR UPDATE" in your select statement - this will give
you a row level lock on that table. After you issue the UPDATE statement
(later on) on that same table the lock will be released.

The change to your code should be:

select coalesce(prvsalproc,0) into salproc from
prvdor where prvcode=new.ecp_provcode
for update;

Hope that helps.

John Sidney-Woollett