Re: Better psql tab-completion support for schemas and tables - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Better psql tab-completion support for schemas and tables
Date
List pgsql-patches
Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
> Full support for all schema and table name combinations when
> getting a list of attributes. All of the following will now work:

> select * from information_schema.columns where <tab>
> select * from foo where <tab>
> select * from "user" where <tab>
> select * from "foo" where <tab>
> select * from "Uppercase".lower where <tab>
> select * from "gtsm.com"."foo.Bar" where <tab>
> select * from "GTSM.com".foo where <tab>

Applied with minor revisions.  I noticed while testing this that
although you fixed it for the case of the user having unnecessarily
quoted the preceding name, for example given a table foo,

    update "foo" set <tab>

it's still not bright about letting you complete such an entry in the
first place -- try

    update "f<tab>

That doesn't invalidate this patch, but there's still more work to do
on the completion queries.

            regards, tom lane