Re: Problems with pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems with pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ben Ramsey" <ben@eureka-interactive.com> writes:
> Well, now.  That can't be very good.  If this is the case, anyone have any
> ideas of how to retrieve this data, or am I just stuck for good and out
> hours of work trying to get this data for our clients?

With 11 out of 12 databases apparently corrupted, your odds seem bleak.

If you are really lucky, the failures all come from one isolated
problem, rather than suggesting massive misfeasance on the part of
your disk.  I'd bet on pg_shadow as the best candidate (though it
could maybe be pg_group or pg_database; there are no other shared
tables, hence no other prospect for a common-mode failure).  Can you
do "select * from pg_shadow" without errors?  How about pg_group and
pg_database?

            regards, tom lane