Re: Error-safe user functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error-safe user functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, I started there, but it's substantially more complex - unlike cube
> the jsonpath scanner calls the error routines as well as the parser.
> Anyway, here's a patch.

I looked through this and it seems generally OK.  A minor nitpick is
that we usually write "(Datum) 0" not "(Datum) NULL" for dont-care Datum
values.  A slightly bigger issue is that makeItemLikeRegex still allows
an error to be thrown from RE_compile_and_cache if a bogus regex is
presented.  But that could be dealt with later.

(I wonder why this is using RE_compile_and_cache at all, really,
rather than some other API.  There doesn't seem to be value in
forcing the regex into the cache at this point.)