Re: **SPAM** Faster count(*)? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From dracula007@atlas.cz
Subject Re: **SPAM** Faster count(*)?
Date
List pgsql-sql
I believe running count(*) means fulltable scan, and there's no way
to do it without it. But what about some "intermediate" table, with
the necessary counts?

That means to create a table with values (counts) you need, and on
every insert/delete/update increment or decrement the appropriate
values. This way you won't need the count(*) query anymore, and the
performance should be much better.

t.v.