Re: Testing of MVCC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Testing of MVCC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Or else a harness that operates at the library/connection level rather
> than trying to control a tty app.

Right.  What is sort of in the back of my mind is a C program that can
open more than one connection, and it reads a script that tells it
"fire this command out on this connection".  The question at hand is
whether we can avoid re-inventing the wheel.

> Expect is very cool, but it would impose an extra dependency on tcl that
> we don't now have for building and testing,

True.  I was pointing to it more as an example of the sorts of tools
people have built for this type of problem.

I'm pretty sure there are re-implementations of Expect out there that
don't use Tcl; would you be happier with, say, a perl-based tool?