Re: System crash - invalid page header messages in log - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: System crash - invalid page header messages in log
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jim Buttafuoco" <jim@contactbda.com> writes:
> One of my systems crashed today and when Postgres started it gave the
> following warnings.  Is this OK?

Should theoretically be OK --- all of those pages were overwritten with
valid data from WAL playback.  What you need to worry about more is
whether the crash lost any pages that were *not* restored from the log
(because they hadn't been modified lately).  I'd suggest running a
pg_dump to see if any bad data turns up.