Re: BUG #18573: Analyze command consumes several GB of memory - more than analyzed table size - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18573: Analyze command consumes several GB of memory - more than analyzed table size
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Is there more I can do to identify why analyze uses that much memory?

What have you got default_statistics_target set to?

You might need to decrease the stats target for that composite-array
column.  compute_array_stats is fairly aggressive about how much
data it will try to collect, and I can believe that that'd add up
when the array elements are of a wide composite type.

            regards, tom lane