Re: pg_restore --clean failing due to dependancies - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arnaud L.
Subject Re: pg_restore --clean failing due to dependancies
Date
List pgsql-general
Le 15/11/2016 à 16:21, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
>> The restore fails on a lot of statements, complaining about dependencies.
>> For instance, "cannot drop rule _RETURN on view myview1 because view
>> myview1requires it". Or "cannot drop constraint mypkey on table my table
>> because other objects depend on it [list of foreign keys]".
>
> So where are the above objects, eg what schema?

They are in a schema that is included in the dump (more precisely, not
excluded from).
It happens in all schemas, not a specific one.

> pg_restore  -l  "D:\db.dump"
> to see what pg_restore thinks is the order of restore.

OK I did that.
The output is pretty big.
The second error is a consequence of the first one (they were not
foreign keys but views, sorry for the mistake).
So the very first error from pg_restore, the "cannot drop rule
_return..." is TOC 11330.
It is on the line 4948 in the pg_restore -l output (does this order
matter, or is it the TOC ?).
The view is number 1467 in the TOC, and is on line 2353 of the
pg_restore -l output.

--
Arnaud