Re: BUG #16266: Server crash on SELECT event_trigger-returning function - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16266: Server crash on SELECT event_trigger-returning function
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> The following query:
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION et() RETURNS event_trigger
> LANGUAGE plpgsql AS $$
> BEGIN
> END;
> $$;
> SELECT et();

> leads to a server crash with the following stack trace:

Yeah.  If you didn't just validate the function, it does the expected
thing:

regression=# SELECT et();
ERROR:  trigger functions can only be called as triggers
CONTEXT:  compilation of PL/pgSQL function "et" near line 1

I think perhaps the problem is that compute_function_hashkey hasn't
been fixed to deal with event triggers sanely.  They need to not
have the same hash keys as ordinary function calls.

            regards, tom lane